Skip navigation
EMUEDITORIAL
Currently Being Moderated

The update that Adbobe sent 2 days ago messed up all my project.

Jul 11, 2013 11:42 PM

I already have explained the issue, but it seems that nobody is out there.

After the update of Premiere CC 2 days ago, my project (a feature film) started crashing every time that I click on the play button.

I saved it as a new version and I have been able to work with an unthinkable delay, because if I make a minimal change all the project is rendered.

Beside that, there is a delay of about 20 seconds since the moment when I hit PLAY and the actual moment when the movie start running.

Has someone had issues with this update?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 12:14 AM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

Create a brand new project in Premiere Pro's latest version.

Import the older project into the new project.

Does that help?

Also, have you checked to make sure you are using the Mercury hardware acceleration in the new version?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

wondering why someone of the Adobe team does not show up in this forum.

Sometimes they do.  Even more frequently lately.  But this is not a direct line to Adobe support, it's a user forum, so getting Adobe's attention here is never guaranteed.  For that, you need the bug report:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 11:42 AM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

If you are having a problem with the update, you can uninstall the current version the reload the initial version.  Our application will not force any updates until you are ready.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

>already have explained the issue, but it seems that nobody is out there

Just FYI - starting a new message means you need to provide all relevant information in the new message... there are too many messages here for you to count on people remembering from one message to another

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 5:40 PM   in reply to EMUEDITORIAL

EMUEDITORIAL,

It is difficult to tell who is and is not experienced, and with 11 posts on the forum as of the time I type this, it is even more difficult to tell. With limited experience on the forum you didn't know that you needed to supply more information with your question, like are you on a Mac or a PC. What the media type is, and what your hardware configuration is, would be useful. See the link that John supplied.

Since you tried the easy stuff already, then it gets complicated.

I don't mean to be impolite, but an experienced editor has a backup from before the upgrade, because nobody upgrades in the middle of a project without cloning their OS/Programs drive, just in case. I know that Adobe didn't push the upgrade, you had to tell the software that you wanted the new versions.

Just go back to the backup disk until you either finish the movie or solve the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points