• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installation of Technical Communications Suite components fail

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've migrated from a laptop with Windows XP to a Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Post migration I re-installed Technical Communications Suite 4. During the installation I get an error that Presenter failed to install because PPT 32 bit is not present. Additionally, Captivate cannot create swf files. Please help resolve these issues.

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Alisha in Adobe support was able to resolve the problem:

• Browse to the following location and open the file mentioned : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 6\AdobeCaptivate.ini
  • Add the following tag to the file : Use32BitJVMForPublish = 1 (as shown in the image below)

swfFailurecorrection.JPG

Also, do the same to the file in the following location : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 6 x64\AdobeCaptivate.ini.

This seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of TCS? What version of Office?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using TCS 4 with Office 2003. Upgrading office is currently not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have local admin rights when you installed TCS4? You may need to uninstall & reinstall it again. If the problem persists, give Adobe Support a call - it's usually a free call for installtion issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I don't recall if I had full admin rights or not. My user is a member of the Admiinistrators Group currently, but don't know whether that was the case at install time. I'll try calling and see if I can get some guidance. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alisha in Adobe support was able to resolve the problem:

• Browse to the following location and open the file mentioned : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 6\AdobeCaptivate.ini
  • Add the following tag to the file : Use32BitJVMForPublish = 1 (as shown in the image below)

swfFailurecorrection.JPG

Also, do the same to the file in the following location : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 6 x64\AdobeCaptivate.ini.

This seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines