Skip navigation
brians34
Currently Being Moderated

Need help with upgrade from Adobe Creative Suite to PS CS4

Jul 12, 2013 9:15 PM

My old laptop with Photoshop on it crashed and I ended up purchasing a new laptop.

I'm trying to reload my PS CS4.  I am using an upgrade from an educational Adobe Creative Suite Premium to the CS4 and when I loaded it on my old laptop I had to get installation help through customer service, but now customer service will not help me since it is CS4.

When installing the upgrade, it tell me to select the product I already own.  I own the educational full creative suite, but am only upgrading the Photoshop.  I chose Photoshop CS and tried entering the serial number for the suite.  It tells me that the serial number doesn't match the product chosen.  Of course the only products I'm allowed to choose from is Photoshop CS, CS2, or CS3 and not Creative Suite Premium.

The other serial numbers on this CS is Golive CO and Pagemaker Plug-in.

I was told there are Adobe customer service reps here on the forum, please tell me what it was I need to do to get my Photoshop installed.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2013 11:25 PM   in reply to brians34

You probably got one of those hacky "upsell" deals on Adobe's graces.... Try to open a web chat.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 13, 2013 9:00 AM   in reply to brians34

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 13, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to brians34

i understand you have a serial number for cs premium.  do you also have a serial number for cs4 premium (and you only want to install photoshop from that suite)?  or, is your 2nd serial number for photoshop cs4?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 13, 2013 11:08 AM   in reply to brians34

i wasn't aware that you could get a ps4 at an upgrade price using an older creative suite produect.  i searched online and found this thread (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/476009) which makes it appear that was not a valid upgrade path.

but, if you're confident that was a valid upgrade path, i'm pretty sure something will need to be done on adobe's end and no amount of manipulation, on your end only, will work.

your best bet would be to get help in this forum from an adobe staff member like jeff wright who is very knowledgeable and goes out of his way to help adobe customers.  to that end, if i were you, i would start a new thread mentioning his name in your title and in your initial post explaining:

you have the educational Adobe Creative Suite Premium and purchased a photoshop cs4 upgrade years ago that required adobe support help to install years ago. 

that worked well until a recent computer problem forced you buy a new laptop and you are now trying to reinstall that ps cs4 and again need support help but have been refused help because cs4 is not current.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to brians34

Brian,

There is no upgrade path from any CS Suite product to an individual Adobe product like Photoshop. Whomever you spoke to probably mis-interpreted your question since there were many Photoshop to CS Suite upgrade paths. What version of the CS Suite did you own (educational version is not relevant). The upgrade paths available have been:

CS Suite to CS Suite

Certain CS programs to CS Suite.

Adobe does not sell Photoshop upgrades to CS 4 at this time. When and where did you purchase this upgrade from.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 13, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to brians34

check with jeff wright.  he's your best hope.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 14, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to brians34

good to hear you got that solved.  (make a note of the solution for the future in case you need to reinstall, again.)

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 14, 2013 10:45 AM   in reply to brians34

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...