Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR5 - Edit In Photoshop is greyed out [was: Lightroom 5]

Jul 13, 2013 3:11 PM

I have Lightroom 5 and when I right click on the image and select "Edit IN", Photoshop is grayed out.  All of the options for selecting photoshop is grayed out.  How can I fix this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to LouiseReeves

[Moved to Lightroom forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2013 8:22 PM   in reply to LouiseReeves

Maybe this helps: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/edit-photoshop-command-missin g-photoshop.html

But before you try to edit the registry re-install Photoshop (not Lightroom!)

Editing the registry is a dangerous thing  - if you make a mistake Windows might not start next time you boot.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to LouiseReeves

I`m sorry I can`t help you with that. I am not a subscriber to CC and don't know the ins and outs of that.

There is a special forum for questions regarding installation and setting up of programs from the CC. I suggest you post your question there. This is the link:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to LouiseReeves

I suddenly have the same problem in Lightroom 5. It worked yesterday, but all "Photo / edit in" optons are greyed out today. I didn't do any updates or change any preferances.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to Peter_Elements

I think I just figued it out. I'm useing smart previews and I don't have the drive attached. I'll bet that's it.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to Peter_Elements

Peter_Elements wrote:

I'm useing smart previews and I don't have the drive attached. I'll bet that's it.

Certainly originals must be online to edit in Photoshop - dunno if that's OP's problem or not. Note: if you really *do* want to edit (a reduced-rez copy of the original) in Photoshop whilst original is offline, then just export to catalog as DNG, so no re-compression, then edit that instead - that may be the next best thing *iff* it's really what you want to do...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points