Skip navigation
ilomabr
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere elements 11 hangs on exit (OSX)

Jul 13, 2013 4:19 PM

I have a brand new install of photoshop elements and premier elements (and organizer).  Photoshop and organizer are working flawlessly.  Premiere hangs on close almost every time.  If I edit video then close and say "no" to save changes it hangs for sure.  I can do a complete reinstall then it will open and possible close once or twice.  Once it exhibits the hang behavior it seems that install is toast.  The OS itself is a month install of fully updated mountain lion.  Other apps I have on this computer are failrly straightforward but who knows.  I'm hoping someone has seen something similiar.  I really dont want to have to do a complete rebuild just because premiere wont work.

Thanks,

David

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 13, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to ilomabr

David,

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, nonetheless my first question would relate to just what is on that Timeline for that particular project that is hanging when you go to save/close or just close it without saving? I looking for video and audio compresson, frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect ratio, duration, file extension and such.

How are your Scratch Disks set up (Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks)? Have you used the program long enough to pile up preview files as well as conformed audio and video files?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 14, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to ilomabr

ilomabr

Thanks for the follow up information which is very helpful to all.

Great job of troubleshooting and stick-to-it-tiveness.

With issues that defy troubleshooting, typically I suggest the deactivation, uninstall, reinstall of just Premiere Elements with the use of ccleaner (regular and registry cleaning) in between the uninstall and reinstall to get at leftovers +. But when the problem persists in spite of, then more drastic measure are indicated.

Keep up the good work.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points