Skip navigation
vkeeneylnf
Currently Being Moderated

Help creating custom size pdf

Jul 14, 2013 10:06 AM

Tags: #print_custom_size_pdf #ms_publisher_2010

I am trying to print a pdf of a 96x36 banner using the pdf printer in a Publisher 2010 file.  I have searched online and found many sites with instructions which I have followed. I have also posted on Microsoft's help but am still unable to print the pdf. I have added a custom size form to the pdf printer, but when I click print nothing happens. The pdf printer works on other publisher files in standard paper sizes, but not custom sizes.  There is nothing in the file creating a problem - I opened a new file with nothing in it and still can't get it to print.  If anyone can help - PLEASE DO! I have struggled with this for 3 days and can't find an answer anywhere as to why I can not print a custom size document.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2013 7:27 AM   in reply to vkeeneylnf

Wow, this one drove me nuts! I was unable to print anything either until I came across the following information in the Known Issues for Acrobat XI.

Problem: The Adobe PDF printer’s custom page size limit is about 600 dpi. At higher resolutions, such as 1200 dpi, printing can result in an error and no document prints. [2684339]

So, what I did was open the layout tab of the Adobe PDF Printer and click on the Advanced tab. Then under Graphic Print Quality I entered 600 dpi and then my file printed to PDF.

600dpi.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 8:26 AM   in reply to vkeeneylnf

vkeeneylnf wrote:

You are a genius!  I spent 3+ days trying to figure this out and never came across anything about resolution...only that Adobe Acrobat and MS Office products are not compatible! . . .

Took you this long to figure that out?!

MS and and Adobe have been going at it almost as long as Adobe has been more than a font house. And they haven't exactly been friendly with Apple either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 7:42 AM   in reply to vkeeneylnf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers