Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Purge Cache

Jul 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Every time I start up Adobe Bridge, I get an error message which reads, "Bridge encountered a problem and its unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in Cache Preferences to correct."

I then go into Adobe Bridge Preferences > Cache > Manage > Purge Cache. After clicking on Purge Cache, I continue to have the same error message after restarting my computer and opening up Adobe Bridge. In addition,

my thumbnails continue to load up slowly.

What do you think the problem is?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 14, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to naturesbestside

Sorry, can't help, but would love to have the answer!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 15, 2013 1:19 AM   in reply to naturesbestside

What do you think the problem is?

A corrupted cache folder. Quickest solution is to Quit Bridge and delete the content of the whole Bridge Cache folder manual.

Not clear what system you are using neither what version of Bridge and OS. I only know the path for a Mac, Windows might be similar.

Go to the user library (per MacOsX 7 hidden by default, in Finder use menu Go with option to reveal).

Here is the path:

User (your username)/Library/Caches/Adobe/BridgeCSxx/ - Inhere are two files, a plug in cache and a folder called cache.

Drag both items outside the library, preferable to the trash.

Restart Bridge (both deleted items will be recreated and fresh but empty) and try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 15, 2013 1:57 PM   in reply to naturesbestside

naturesbestside.com

Hi Jim, glad it worked for you.

Very nice pictures on your website!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 10:13 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Thanks so much. Strangely (with 10.8.4), this is still a problem....and Bridge does not appear to have recreated the cache folder!? But ti be honest the problem is irritating rather than problematic. Thanks for being here and for your very prompt response.

Tony

www.tonynandi.photoshelter.com

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 2:41 AM   in reply to naturesbestside

Thank you. Yours too Jim - right up my street. For me the theatre stuff is a passion, but also work. I try hard to carry on taking landscape for fun rather than work, but it is difficult. To be honest I miss using my Rollei, but practicalities make that difficult today.

All the best

Tony

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 16, 2013 5:08 AM   in reply to Nandton

Strangely (with 10.8.4), this is still a problem....and Bridge does not appear to have recreated the cache folder!?

Tony

In Bridge preferences Cache tab you can check where the Cache folder is saved to. By default it should be in the user Library caches folder but if you have chosen an other location then it should be there. When you have a custom location it might be you have two cache files but I don't know that, never used the custom location myself.

Also try to reset preferences (hold down option key while restarting Bridge and choose reset preferences).

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 16, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to naturesbestside

Tony,

Your pictures are incredibly cool !!

Jim....

I'll second that !!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 6:12 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Thanks Omke, resetting the prefs has gone it. I used to be an Adobe Ace, but long failed to keep up with changes when the photography came to dominate. So pleased to know this tip.

Thanks also for comments re the pics. I'll never be rich in this area, but enjoy it enormously! I have at least just signed to write a book on stage photography, which won't make me rich again but is cool.

All the best and thanks again,

TRony

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points