• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"unavailable fonts" – same topic, different question

Advisor ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us will have seen the message The {font name} is not available flash past in the error log. Sometimes it's actually a true statement … often, it seems to me, it ain't! or, if not an absolute untruth, it's certainly a different world-view.

I've just been presented with this assertion again. I've checked the source file in question, identified the paragraph styles that call for the font, and there the font is in the pull-down: not greyed out, just there for selection like any other. No suspect graphics in the file, just one .jpg. What's more, if I check the .pdf font properties, there's the "unavailable" font in use; marked as "can embed font", yet.

The result – the .pdf deliverable – is as required. Not being harassed by portentous messages would, then, reduce author stress levels! Hints and tips welcome …

N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the question, exactly?

In addition to the recent discussion about font inovcations sneaking in with imported objects, there are other traditional ways you can get apparent and real font errors:

• Unicode: your font installation lacks one or more glyphs for codepoints used
  • Provenance: the text came in, with formatting, from a system using some font setting you don't have ("bolded" and "obliqued" are tip-offs)
  • Printer: you don't have the appropriate printer, usually the PDF pseudo-printer, configured while editting in Frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines