Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 is running out of memory and Purge memory doesn't work

Jul 15, 2013 4:28 AM

Hello,

I have a problem with AE cache: I render several complex shots with 2 percomposes and different effects on it in a fullHD, quicktime .mov output. I have the following memory preferences,

AE_memory.png

but After Effects uses more than 6GB, it takes practically all available RAM and then crashes with lack of memory error.

ae_crash_window.png

I tried to purge image cache several times but it doesn't work at all. Related themes of a forum gave no answer. AE doesn't want to give the memory back to the system. Is there any way to fix this behaviour without reopening After Effects? I also wonder what may cause such a behaviour: a bad After Effects memory management or a problem with plug-ins I use (memory leaks e.t.c)?

Thanks, Mary.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2013 3:07 AM   in reply to Niakris

Most memory leaks are caused by incompatible/ flakey effects, damaged CoDecs or specifics in the footage and effects used. Since you did not provide any info and also haven't provided any system info, nobody can really help you...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2013 4:30 AM   in reply to Niakris

Begin by installing the most recent updates. You haven't installed the After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) bug-fix update.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points