Skip navigation
Editgal321
Currently Being Moderated

Audio problems in Encore

Jul 16, 2013 8:44 AM

Hi guys,

Audio not conforming in timeline. I can only hear up to a certain time the audio in my timeline. I have started the project over and did it in different ways. Every time a different amount of the audio is left out. I did also write it to a dvd thinking it would be there, but it wrote it with the lack of audio from a certain point. My audio track was not cut in anyway in my editing, only the beginning and end points, i also used a single video clip, which was originally recorded directly with the audio. Some of the similar projects i am not having difficulties with. What can i do to fix this? Audio works 100% in Premiere pro. I have even done it on different days and during different times of my workings. I have tried trans coding the project to no success, and i have left it to "conform" for a while, still to no success.... I am working on a mac book pro with a Thunderbolt drive. Can anyone give me advise???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2013 9:12 AM   in reply to Editgal321

i have left it to "conform" for a while, still to no success....

How long is a while? How long in minutes is the file? Is there any indication of disk activity?

If unclear, try again with no other programs running, and look for disk activity.

It can take a long while, and does not always give you any indication it is not conformed. The symptoms (varying amounts of audio is okay) fit it not being conformed.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 5:55 AM   in reply to Editgal321

Many users have problems with dynamic link. This is particularly true where they are going from HD to SD.

Another time i even closed premiere and imported the sequence directly into Encore

Did you start the dynamic link from Encore? Or did you export a file from Premiere?

It did the same with another file, but the third one which actually has two clips work 100%.

Was this also dynamic link?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to Editgal321

To test the issues, export from Premiere (not dynamic link) using the MPEG2-DVD preset. Use a sequence that is less than 10 minutes. That will create an m2v and a wav (or a3c, if you select dolby at that step - I usually leave it for Encore).

In Encore, create a new project, and import "as timeline" the m2v/wav (select both). In the Project Panel, look at the "DVD Transcode Status" column. Does it say "Don't Transcode"?

Do you hear all the audio in Encore preview?

Confirm Encore CS6? And confirm you are starting with an HD source and HD Premiere sequence?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points