Skip navigation
Blue_River_Crossing
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to search several keywords at a time on the top right search box?

Jul 16, 2013 11:11 AM

Tags: #keywords #search_keywords #multiple_keyword_search #search_multiple_keywords

Hello.

Let's say I want all the images to appear that have any of these keywords:  "sky, mountain, water".  The only way I have figured out it takes too long and it's tedious.  I open the "find" window and manually add search variables to look for several keywords and file names for the values that I am looking for.

Isn't there a way to search for files that have any of the keywords I write on the search box by dividing these keywords with commas or any other puntuation? Or am I stuck opening the "find" window and add rows of variables that I want to search?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 16, 2013 12:42 PM   in reply to Blue_River_Crossing

Or am I stuck opening the "find" window and add rows of variables that I want to search?

This is to my knowledge the usual way to find multiple keywords, if you know any other app that acts like you want let us know

But honestly, how much more work is it to add a field instead of a comma? If you want to find multiple keywords in a file you need to add criteria like and / or etc.

And depending on the amount of files you have to look at for a result and the amount of keywords, if you have previously cached all files you only need to select the main folder and use 'show items from subfolders'. Once the content window is build you can use the alphabetic sort order in the filter panel for keywords and click on the ones you want to see, this also provides you with the wanted result.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 16, 2013 1:55 PM   in reply to Blue_River_Crossing

I really do hope you are part of the development team for the Bridge.

If only…

I'm just a user like you and almost all other participants. Steve (SG) is one of the very helpful Adobe Engineers who occasionally hang around every now and then but they do so out of personal interest and kindness. They also try to be a shortcut to the Bridge engineers, it is no company policy to interact directly with developers on this user to user forum...

But if I was responsible for resources for the Bridge development team they already would have had loads of money to realize my perfect Bridge and this process would have started from CS3 and above…. but as said, I'm just a humble photographer with no knowledge at all in programming applications and by far not enough money to realize this dream app

Regarding your Find comments, I do realize there are some extra actions needed and the less you can make the better it would be. However as said, I don't know of any DAM application capable of what you want.

It is kind of looking into a database and that needs separate criteria to my knowledge. If I had to use the search function that much I would look for a dedicated Digital Asset Manager to do this tasks.

I'm not very deep in to knowledge about DAM but I use Canto Cumulus Single user for my Archive which is much faster then Bridge (Bridge is much better in other tasks so I need both).

In Canto you can create a query to customize your own search needs in a better way but this needs some extra knowledge and study, I have only 65 K of files in my archive and searching is not that difficult using the normal route of quick find.

And to comfort you a little, both Bridge and Canto do reopen the find menu with the last settings which is still not ideal but saves a bit of moves. Having the option to save templates like in batch rename would be a big plus but it is not an option yet.

And of course, you can also put in a feature request for this:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points