We are using TCS 4 on a Windows 7, 64 bit platform.
When we installed TCS 4, we did not get Acrobat X Pro (nor XI).
So, I inserted the installation DVD to see if I could just install Acrobat Pro, and the Adobe Installer would not proceed because it detected an installation of TCS 4 already.
So, I uninstalled TCS 4 (a 30 minute ordeal), and proceeded to install it all over again, this time hoping to verify that Acrobat Pro was, in fact, selected in the product check list.
In the product check list, Acrobat X Pro was indeed selected in the product check list. Installed it all over again (another 30 minute ordeal).
Saw the statement: Installing Acrobat X Pro.
When the installation was done, saw the following: "Some items for the following product(s) could not be installed successfully." (PDF icon)
Acrobat X Pro did not show up under programs, by itself, or in the Control Panel (Programs and Features).
Went here for update:
Saved zip file to hard drive. (A 549 MB download.)
The Installation Instructions were in a PDF, which my system could not read since Acrobat X Pro did not install.
Followed instructions on URL above.
Double-clicked "Set-up.exe" in the unzipped files.
Adobe Installer hung up at about 2/3 of the way through "Initializing Installer" (it stops dead).
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Were you a local admin user when you tried to install this? Did you have a prior version of Acrobat already installed? If so, it needs to be uninstalled first before trying to load the Acrobat X version that comes with TCS4 (the upgrade to XI should process smoothly once X is installed). You'll probably have to start again & scrub out all parts of TCS4 - try using Revouninstaller (free tool) that does a great job of removing hard-to-delete apps.
We finally got it to work. This is what we think happened: We closed most of the applications on our computers--but not all--when we started the Adobe Acrobat installation. If the installation process popped up a window that told us to close some specific app, we did. However, in our case, we also use Lotus Notes. The Acrobat installation process never told us to close Lotus Notes, so we left it up and answered emails as we attempted to install Acrobat. But, as I said in my original post, the installation never finished, and we never knew why. Finally, we tried closing 100% of all applications--including Lotus Notes--and we were able to install it without any trouble.
Naturally, all of our testing might have resulted in a sheer coincidence that it finally worked when we did A-B-C, but at least it finally installed.