Skip navigation
erolflynn
Currently Being Moderated

Does the Au program come with instuments/samples to play or must we upload files/samples to play???

Jul 16, 2013 4:03 PM

As above really,ive dowmloaded the free trial of Au and ive been familiarizing for an hour or so but i cant get any sound from it,other than the metronome and the tones and noises in the creation suite?Ive used a few of these all in one home studio jobs and they normally come with a host of instruments and samples arranged in small soundbites ready to be used in the main program in several ways but always there as a base to play with without any neccessary file loading and locating or cd and dvd sound clipping?

I must say its kind of taken the best element away from the program,if in truth there is not a sample/instruments bank,leaving a lot to be desired however if the program does have this function and it does come loaded with all these easy to use, handy soundbites,instruments and track files i would really appreciate a little guidance or directions to find these features and use them for myself,enjoying the software properly instead of having to upload every beat and every lyric making things quite boring im affraid to say....

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jul 16, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to erolflynn

Audition is professional audio editing software, not a music generation package. If you want to play instruments, then get something like Reaper, which is designed to do it - Audition most certainly isn't.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2013 1:59 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Soundbooth (Audition's predecessor) had "tracks" available for download. They were absolutely terrible to work with IF you could actually get them to download.

Frankly, I don't miss them. On a Mac, I have Garage Band for playing with Tracks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 2:01 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

But people still expect midi support in Audition. Adobe, I am still hoping

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jul 17, 2013 2:26 AM   in reply to Kost7

Yes, a few people don't seem to have understood the very clear hints about this from Adobe. It's absolutely clear that the product focus has shifted - to video post, whilst still being a capable editor for radio, live recording, whatever. Music generation doesn't figure in that at all. Adobe are primarily a company with a visual background, not a music one. That's where they think their strengths lie, and that appears to be what they are concentrating on.

And, let's face it, they'd always be playing catch-up if they tried to get into music production seriously, and up against some stiff competition. They know that; they've even admitted it. The compromise, I think, would be to re-introduce Rewire.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 3:42 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Audio for video? Fine. But then not having Rewire will be totally unlogical.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to erolflynn

Under the Help menu is a link to download instrument loops and beds from the Loopology collection, in addition to around 25,000 sound effects.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points