Skip navigation
JugglingWJ
Currently Being Moderated

HELP! Bouncy video when exporting as YouTube HD

Jul 16, 2013 10:03 PM

Tags: #youtube #video #premiere_pro #export #jumpy #bouncy #export_setting #youtube_hd #youtube_export

I'm having a strange problem when exporting with the standard YouTube HD export settings in Premiere Pro CS5 on my Mac. The exported video is slightly bouncy.

The problem is most visible when graphics/text are on the screen. For example, skip to the 20 second point in this video and look at the text of the guy's name http://youtu.be/esXOszZ-IMI - same with the name text in this video http://youtu.be/zLbbM-HnZTY

The video looks fine in Premiere, it's only once exported that the issue arises. It happens throughout the entire video but is primarily noticeable when there's text on the screen.

I've exported about a dozen videos with the same export setting and they all have the same problem.

I don't consider myself an expert user, but I've been using PP for years and have spent easily a thousand hours editing in the program. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2013 10:38 PM   in reply to JugglingWJ

Bounce is a good word for it.

Let's start at the beginning.

You have exported to 720p as far as I can tell. What is the original footage from? Is it also 720p? How many frames per second and how many are you exporting at?

How did you add the text? What program created it? Does this happen with text created in Premiere Pro or After Effects?

If you create a simple video with nothing but one line of text on a black background with a box around it, does it bounce?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2013 7:01 AM   in reply to JugglingWJ

I have never mismatched frame rates on export so I don't know what can happen, but it is generally avoided as far as I can tell.

Make sure you export to the same frame rate as you have in the sequence and you should be OK. I don't recall ever seeing this problem before, so it is hard to tell if it is the only cause.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points