Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having playback issues with PPro CC 7.0.1?

Jul 16, 2013 8:43 PM

Tags: #bug #cc #playback_delay

Using the same computer and working on the same project, we're experiencing playback that often hangs at cut points. We had no problem playing back on the previous version of CC. Happening on multiple machines in our production studio.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2013 2:38 AM   in reply to tmcla001

Yes! !Absolutly, glitching screen on playback, green glitches, crash a couple times. For the money this thing is s......e

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to bleasy1

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 4:50 PM   in reply to tmcla001

I've seen so such issues on either of my two machines.

What kind of media, what sequence settings, any effects, any third-party hardware involved?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 10:10 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Also, what graphics card and driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 12:23 AM   in reply to tmcla001

I've also have playback issues with 7.0.1

I'm using:

AVCHD-MTS 1920x1080@50p

I7 2700k@4200Mhz

16GB RAM

1x SSD

2x RAID0

NVidia GTX560

Several actions tooks about 10-15 seconds. Examples:

A ripple delete, moving the CTI or just (re)move/place a clip.CPU usage is about 20-25% and Premiere unresponsible.

When the project grows, the waiting time also grows.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 1:04 AM   in reply to WilfredAP

I'm having similar issues—also with AVCHD MTS files from my C100, mixed with h.264 footage from my 60D—borderline usable at times. I'm doing some testing with the new version of ClipWrap optimising the re-wrapped files for use with Premiere but I'm not yet sure if it's making a difference.

If I transcode to ProRes, everything runs totally smoothly but I want to avoid that as editing natively in Premiere is a big plus (unless it doesn't work!)

I'm on a 2011 MBP Intel Core i7, 2.3 GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1024MB)

Any updates on this please keep us all posted & I'll do the same!

D

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 1:05 AM   in reply to dkaplowitz

btw my CPU usage is maxing out at 600%+ when playing back from timelines including this footage...

I have a support ticket in to Adobe but as usualy they've been less than helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to dkaplowitz

If you have the Duplicate Frames indicator enabled, please try turning that of. It's known to interfere with performance during some operations like ripple deletions. We're working on this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Processor  2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  20 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.4

One effect is used on one clip (gaussian blur), everything is rendered, no third party hardware.

Various types of media. .MTS from a Canon C100, 5D Mark III and II, Nikon D700 and DV footage. But again, this all worked fine before the latest update on CC.

Now that I've watched the piece a few times through, it seems to have issues with the Canon C100 footage most explicitly.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to tmmcla001

for me it's when the C100 footage is on the timeline as well, although I noticed some struggles with playing back h.264 footage from my DSLR as well. Are you using clipwrap to re-wrap? Have you tried transcoding to ProRes? Obviously want to avoid that but just to pin down the problems with the compressed footage.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to dkaplowitz

I had problems for awhile—back in CS 6.0.1 I think it was—with my native DSLR footage—similar problems & super frustrating. When the 6.0.2 update came out these disappeared and playback was smooth. Good to see Adobe is listening here but I'm not sure your questions are right, Adobe! I'm using Colorista by the way, but I've done tests with no filters applied, coming straight from the camera with the MTS files as well as re-wrapped with the new version of ClipWrap which has the "optimize for Premiere" option and get the same results. It does seem to come and go a bit though, which just adds to the mystery!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to dkaplowitz

I should also say that when the problems occur, Premiere is maxing out CPU usage at more than 600% - are there still "memory leaks"?!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to tmcla001

Hi tmcla,

Would you be able to provide a sample file for me to look at? Any file that is giving you performance issues.

If you could include what recording settings you had on your camera that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 8:11 AM   in reply to tmmcla001

So it seems like all the folks having an issue with 7.0.1 are on Macs.  Anyone with the issue on Windows?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 10:47 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I found some test footage for the C100 online here:

http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/dv/news/download-raw-footage-cano n-c100/61533

I am downloading at the moment and will test tomorrow morning on my CC 7.01 system.

Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to tmcla001

I'm having this issue and its driving me insane!  is there anyway to uninstall the latest Premiere update?  It was working fine until last week

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to dcs11

@ Ulf Thanks for the link to the C100 files. They playback back smoothly on my MacPro 10.8.4 with Premiere Pro CC 7.0.1.

@ dc11 Here's a link with instructions to rollback updates.

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 4:09 PM   in reply to petergaraway

peter, could you send that link again.  it didn't show up.  thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to dcs11

Whoops here you go.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-cr eative-applications.html

If for some reason you have probelms going that route, others have done the following

Uninstall Premiere Pro CC>  Reinstall Premiere Pro via CC application> Choose not to run the update

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to petergaraway

Thanks Peter.  Unfortunately it doesn't give me the option to download any of the older version of CC (only CS6).  So I then uninstalled premiere and reinstalled it.  When I click on "about premiere" it says I'm running 7.0.0, but the creative cloud desktop says that my apps are up to date and there aren't any updates available.  So now I'm pretty confused as to which version I am running (not to mention that the playback problem has not gone away.)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points