Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CC and exporting HDRs

Jul 16, 2013 10:39 PM

Can't seem to find it. But early on I thought I read Bridge had some new feature that automated stacking a set oif HDR images. I'm interested in speeding up the workflow.

Thanks

Maxi

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 17, 2013 12:11 AM   in reply to Picturequest

I thought I read Bridge had some new feature that automated stacking a set oif HDR images

It is not a new feature and you are not exporting the files. If you select the files you want to be sorted automatically and in the menu stack select the bottom line 'auto stack Panorama / HDR' it tries to group them for you in stacks.

Mind you, I call it trying. I long time ago stopped using this feature because it is not reliable in ending up with all good result. Just tried it on a bunch of files again and Bridge kept quitting unexpectedly each time after trying to analyze DNG files of only about 4 different images shot for HDR purpose (on a tripod with always 1 stop difference).

It is just one of that many features Adobe implements in their application that sound promising and always stay promising. The bean counters always want new features to sell the new versions, but once they are there the same bean counters refuse to raise funding for further development and improvement because they rather have an another not always good working feature they can yell about for the next version.

It is what it is and once you learned to live with this you still can enjoy the powers Bridge offers. Select the files for sorting with use of arrow keys and the rating short cut (for Mac this is cmd + . to increase and cmd +, to decrease with one)

When done (takes very less time while you are fully in control) use the filter panel and either use menu tools / Photoshop / Photomerge or HDR to open the files in PS with the control panel.

Automate is always nice to hear but in practice it is seldom useful without you needing to tune it yourself. And since you are a creative creating wonderful stuff, this is how it should be instead of a computer trying to imitate you… 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jul 17, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to Picturequest

I was hoping it could detect a series of brackets based on time.

Not sure if I understand this wish.

If you select the sort order in date created the files appear in the order you have shot them. Since you talk about bracketing and HDR I assume you have different amounts of exposure running either from dark to light or light to dark, in anyway the difference would not be difficult to spot??

And you have also the option to sort on exposure time in the filter panel. Maybe not as useful but if you select one exposure known as the longest or shortest only this files appear in the content window. If you select., label or rate them you also have an indicator.

Just my two cents in these...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points