Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where does Premiere Elements 10 load on a mac running OSX 10.8.4 from disc

Jul 16, 2013 11:07 PM

Tags: #pse10_mac #install_disc

I have purcharsed a new mac and used my discs to get the software on my new machine, previously I was on windows PC. 

Photoshop Elements 10 all appeared to work OK and it asked me for product key.  I continued on with Premiere Elements 10 seemingly without a hitch.  The disc finished and told me so and ejected.  It never asked for a product key and there is a different one on the box.  I now can't find where it loaded it to.  It isn't on Finder in applications or downloads.  Nor does it appear in the Launchpad.  I loaded it again in case I did something wrong but had the same result.  Can anyone help?

Adobe photoshop elements 10 saved in finder but in 3 seperate folders which seems weird, as follows - does it seem odd or OK?  The program seems to open alright but I've yet to upload my data.

As a new mac user I'd appreciate any help you can give.  Thanks

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe/Adobe%20Help.app/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe/AdobePatchFiles/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe/Flash%20Player/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe/PhotoshopdotcomInspirationBrowser. app/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Elements%2010%20Organizer.app/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Adobe% 20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%20Editor.app/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Assets/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Legal/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Locales/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Optional%20Plug-Ins/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Plug-Ins/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Presets/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Suppor t%20Files/Tutorials/

file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010/Uninst all%20Adobe%20Photoshop%20Elements%2010

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to Ronkyponky

I've installed it on the last couple OSX version versions and haven't had any problems, Ronky. Though one time I did have to use this fix from the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/940869?tstart=0

But that fix fixed it for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to Ronkyponky

I think it's time to call Adobe Tech Support. You've clearly got something going on here that no one else is experiencing. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2013 4:03 PM   in reply to Ronkyponky

Ronkyponky

So very pleased for your success. But what did Adobe say the problem was? Were you just using the wrong disc for the install?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2013 5:08 PM   in reply to Ronkyponky

Ronkyponky

Thanks for the additional information. So as far as you know, all that Adobe did was replace your disc installed Premiere Elements 10 with a Premiere Elements 10 download from Adobe.

That was a very good gesture on its part since typically you hear that Adobe Technical Service will deal with only purchased/registered/current version and Premiere Elements 11 is the current version.

Continued success with your projects.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points