Skip navigation
AAA.Janssen
Currently Being Moderated

Surround 5.1 problem

Jul 17, 2013 6:14 AM

Hi there,

a year ago I created a stereo session to make a multisession mix in Audition 5.5. But now I want to use this mix to create a surround 5.1 mix. But I just cant do it. I changed the output from every track to Default Surround Output, used the track panner and then I exported the entire session as the multitrack mixdown, choosing the 5.1 mixdown option. But I just can't get it to work..... All I get is a wav with complete silence.

So then I thought: why not go back to version 3, with which I made surround-CDs in the past? The 5.1-output was 6 separate wav-files and I used other software to create the surroundfiles. So I tried to export my multitrack mix to separate wav-files by choosing File - Export - Multitrack mixdown - Entire session and there checking all the single tracks I want to export instead of choosing Master - Stereo or Master - 5.1. But what happens then is that I get all single wav-files (so far so good, because I can load these into version 3 and then make a surround), but half of the wav-files is 1 Kb. The rest is OK.

Then I tried to open the Audition 5.5 session in version 3, but that doesn't work either. Is there a way to export the session so I can open it in version 3? I tried with XML, but that doesn't seem to work......

Can anyone help me? Or tell me where I can find a very detailed (step-by-step) manual how to create a surround wavfile that Nero Burning ROM will accept to burn a surround CD? Or is this impossible, because I chose a stereo-session instead of a 5.1-session and do I have to create a new 5.1-session and do the mixing all over again?? Hope not....

Thank you in advance!

Ton

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to AAA.Janssen

Any track NOT routed through the Master will not be audible on Mixdown.  While the ability to convert an existing Stereo session to 5.1 Surround is not a feature in Audition, I've done a bit of manual editing of the SESX file and seem to have converted it successfully, though I did this with a VERY simple, minimal session - I don't know if the results would be similar with a more complicated session.  Audition CS session files are not backwards compatible to Audition 3, though I believe SuiteSpot's AATranslator tool can perform that session conversion.

As to why you're getting 1KB WAV files, that doesn't make much sense to me.  Are they always the same tracks that end up this way, or is it random?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points