• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transformation of a rollover menu ou html5

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My problem is a bit complicated, so I'll try to be clear.  First, I have Captivate 6.

I have made a kind of rollover menu to give hint to student. There are 33 slides using the same menu. There are question about documents quality evaluation. In the bottom of each slide I got a menu with 6 criteria. When they rollover, a caption explaining the criteria is shown.

What was there at start:

- A master slide with the 6 criteria, with 6 rollover caption.

Now, I need to translate this for IPad... But, of course, there is no rollover.

What I first thought:

- easy! I'll make a master slide with click boxes and advanced actions with variables that say: if click, show caption, if click again, hide.

- BUT: I cannot have click boxes on master slide

So I thought:

- ok, fine! I have some smartshapes that I can use on master slide. I'll do the same thing but with smartshapes.

- BUT: I cannot name objects onthe  master slide, so I cannot show and hide something with no reference to it.

So I thought:

- Bleuh, this would mean That I had to create 33x6 advanced actions for each criteria!?! Nooo I cannot! It will be to long to changed things.

So I thought:

- ooohhh it's so simple, just use click boxes with "no action" and success caption on master slide! Why I didn't think about it first?!?

- OOOOHH yeah right, I don't know why, but the success caption in HTML5 only shows 2 seconds even if I set it for 10 sec!!!

So I thought:

- what about asking the forum instead of going cry home.

so that's where I am: HELP

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

An alternative to shape buttons on the master slide are shape buttons on the first slide, timed for the rest of the project and set to display always on top. In that case you get a unique ID for each shape button and can control them with advanced actions, probably a lot less than you should have when putting a shape button on each slide.

I talked about it in this post http://blog.lilybiri.com/why-i-like-shape-buttons-captivate-6

and also in a webinar dedicated only to shapes used to trigger actions: http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2012/09/training-lilybiris-favourite-shapes-to-trigger-advanced-act...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!! That's perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finaly, I don't know why, it doesn't work when I publish in html5.

Preview is fine..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload it to a web server and try it from there.

Rod Ward

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/troubleshoot-adobe-captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at your link in both IE10 and iPad 3 and I can see the links at the bottom.  I don't speak French so I have no idea what the course is about.  Tapping the buttons at the bottom in IE gives a click sound but nothing else. On iPad tapping them gives no click.

What is supposed to happen when you tap or click these buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have put a flash version of the tutorial. You can see at the slide #12 (to the end) what should happen: clic to show caption/ click to hide.

http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/diapason/evaluer_cegep3/evaluer_cegep3.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you check it in HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So.... you got an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this might be a little late and not entirely helpful, but I think I know, where the problem is. We had this setting:

Smart shapes were:

1. on the first slide

2. used as button

3. placed on top

4. set to be displayed for the rest of the project

5. and had hints.

In swf output everything worked as expected, although in html5 they were hidden under the graphic on the slide (except the first slide - there it was ok).

We moved the graphic to master slide (this was acceptable choice for this project). Unfortunately it didn't help much.

Then we created single graphic and placed it on the master slide as a background. And that worked.

It seems that whatever objects are placed on either content or master slide are allways on top of the things that are present on the stage from the first slide and set to be displayed for the rest of the project (except the first slide of course).

I said I might know where the problem is, unfortunately I don't know how to resolve it. Because putting the image into master slide doesn't always have to be acceptable. In fact I would really like to know how to do it easier way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did'nt update my post, but here's an update:

Everything was ok with Lilybiri's idea. I just copy-paste every slide in an other project and republished it. And it worked. I was just a bug.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand your request, for me all the ballons are in the top of each other making a mess in the reading, that´s it? Great stuff by the way cool design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that L.A.G. wanted simply to display balloons, but in the html5 publish (here: http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/diapason/evaluer_cegep1/index.html) they are not visible. What it was suppose to look like is correctly displayed in swf publish (here: http://www.bibl.ulaval.ca/diapason/evaluer_cegep3/evaluer_cegep3.htm).

I think that these balloons are present there, but they are overlayed by the image that is supposed to be in the background.

And that is because the "display on top" feature doesn't work properly (or as expected) with objects that are on another slide set to be displayed for the rest of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont not now how is your structure but have you tried to manually group the objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources