Skip navigation
Doug Reich
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot access my photos in Revel. There is nothing there.

Jul 17, 2013 3:47 PM

I had  23 albums with over 800 jpegs photos published in Photoshop Showcase and none appear in Revel.  I received an e-mail from Adobe Revel confirming the transfer, but there is nothing in Revel.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 12:54 PM   in reply to Doug Reich

Hi Doug.

Files get into Revel one of 3 ways: you upload directly to Revel from the app or adoberevel.com, you migrated from photoshop.com (which may have been synced with Elements), or you import from either Elements11 or Lightroom5.

You have no files in Photoshop.com using this email address you use for the forum and therefore did not have any files migrate to Revel. I can see that you opened an account with the same adobe id in Revel and added two photos into it.

Only Elements accounts that were set up to sync with Photoshop.com were stored on the cloud service there, and then were migrated to Revel.

Since you mentioned Adobe Photoshop Showcase, I need to clarify that this is a totally different service than Photoshop.com and the files were not saved to Photoshop.com. It is a separate online viewing community that was around before Photoshop.com. Files that you may have used here were also stored in your Elements organizer, so you can locate them on your hard drive and upload them to Revel directly from your hard drive if you like.You will not have the effects or slide shows, you will just be able to upload the jpg files.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 8:29 PM   in reply to Doug Reich

Revel does not currently display the metadata from Elements, but it doesn't delete it either, in case it might be used in the future or downloaded to elements or any other program leater. You can make albums in Revel and import the photos into them, but the cool slideshow templates will not transfer. I am not aware of any plan to obsolete the showcase at this time, but it does not interface with Revel, so any photos must also be uploaded to Revel if you want them there. Revel has captioning and commenting, but it is different than the other program.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points