Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

timeline indicator.

Jul 18, 2013 12:51 AM

I dont understand why the timeline indicator sometimes splits. Like the yellow bit at the top ends up somewhere different to the red line.  Can someone please explain this to me.  Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to Arrakis

What version of AE? There are several elements to the timeline. Work Area, background cached render (blue line), ram render (green line), time navigator indicator. Yellow and red indicators, if I remember right, are from an older version of AE and indicate the frames that are stored in ram.

There is a lot of information on the AE timeline here. Check it out if you are new to AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 1:42 PM   in reply to Arrakis

If you mean this:

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 1.32.31 PM.png

Then the red line should stay attached. If it does not then you have some display driver issues. Make sure that you have the latest drivers and that your CS6 is 11.02.11 (I think that number is good for both windows and mac).

Show us a screenshot of it broken just to make sure.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to Arrakis

It's just a driver issue. If you're using CC try going to the display preferences and checking the Hardware Accelerate Composition, layer and Footage panels.

One more thing. You don't have to scale your uploaded images way down. We can not really see anything if you scale them to 400 pixels. Just leave them screen size.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 4:58 PM   in reply to Arrakis

I re-read your posts more carefully and was misunderstanding your problem.

When you do a Ram the Yellow CTI at the top of the timeline does not move. When you stop a ram preview the red line should snap to the current position of the CTI. If you play with the space bar the CTI will snap to the frame where you pressed the space bar the second time.

I had thought that you were getting separation while scrubbing or dragging. What you are seeing is normal behavior. There is no need to fix anything.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points