Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Discuss/clarify copy protection in Encore cs6 please

Jul 18, 2013 8:15 AM

hello,

i read the following:

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/adding-security-features-dvd.html

the goal of the project at hand is to create a still photo dvd of wedding HD footage and slap on copy protection from encore; give the bride this free copy

and if the she wants to order more than pay for them...

1) can anyone supply names of replicating houses that do 1-5 copies of dvds with copy protection please?

(i haven't yahooed it yet, i'm looking for companies that users have used with good results please)

2) concern:  is encore's copy protection system breakable with programs like 'dvd decrypter'?

3) is there any way encore can copy protect blu ray discs projects?

thanks in advance, j

i am the editor and am taking orders from the client about how he wants to present/market his wedding images as still pic dvd discs for future clients

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to tfi productions 44

2 - it is not Encore's copy protection... it is the copy protection added by the replication service, to the master you create... and, yes, all DVD copy protection may be broken

3 - go back to the link you posted and read again... "Copy-protection options are not available for Blu‑ray discs or Flash projects"

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Not possible to add copy protection to a disc when burning out of Encore, only replication house can do that (and certain high end machines like Rimage). Bottom line is that we would all love to have unbreakable protection on every DVD we make, but not practical unfortunately. Furthermore, any 8-year-old with a free software utility can copy most ANY Hollywood DVD, so where does that leave us with our home-made DVDs? Copy protection? Forget it...

Difficult to make money in extra wedding DVDs...charge enough for the first one to make your money there.

Jeff Pulera

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to tfi productions 44

No point in making copy protect dvd's, very easy to ripp.

If you want copy protect add a watermark to the images.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points