Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What are the correct Presets for YouTube?

Jul 18, 2013 11:39 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements

I'm going to upload a five-minute video to YouTube. After going to Publish & Share/Online/Upload to YouTube, what preset do I use? I have a Canon Vizia HFR300 HD camera and I shot the film in AVCHD widescreen, 29.97 frame rate. There are many options for the presets for YouTube. Which one do I use?

Also, when after I choose the Preset, I get the Google form in which to insert my Username and Password. This is not the same as the Username and Password I have to sign in to YouTube. I thought a YouTube form would pop up.

One more thing - since my video is in Spanish with all the metadata I will insert in Spanish too (title, description, tags), will YouTube accept that? I registered with YouTube in English. Will I have to reregister in Spanish?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Tommyvincent

What did you set as the Premiere Elements 11 project preset? See what it says under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and there for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size. I suspect it is 1080i.

I am almost certain that you are operating from a 1920 x 1080 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second project, but without confirmation on that not 100% sure.

Assuming that you are at those settings and you are not seeing any black borders in the Edit Mode Monitor,  then

Publish+Share

YouTube

with the Presets = High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080.

Think about

Also, when after I choose the Preset, I get the Google form in which to insert my Username and Password. This is not the same as the Username and Password I have to sign in to YouTube. I thought a YouTube form would pop up.

Since this is an upload to YouTube, I would think you would use your YouTube ID and Password. The way that I have set this up for myself is to have YouTube, Google, and GMail all linked. That takes care of everything. So, see what happens with just your YouTube ID and Password and then we can decide what next on that. (I am assuming that you have separate ID and Password for Google and YouTube).

As for

since my video is in Spanish with all the metadata I will insert in Spanish too (title, description, tags), will YouTube accept that? I registered with YouTube in English. Will I have to reregister in Spanish?

Not sure about that. I doubt it, but not sure. From what I have read, say your video is in English, in the upload process you can add tags for other languages such as Spanish, French, etc. I will give that a try and see what that looks like.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to Tommyvincent

Tommyvincent

Here is my take on

One more thing - since my video is in Spanish with all the metadata I will insert in Spanish too (title, description, tags), will YouTube accept that? I registered with YouTube in English. Will I have to reregister in Spanish?

Until proven otherwise....when you upload to YouTube, the video will upload as you send it with text in language that you typed it and audio with voice in language spoken.

After the upload and/or at YouTube, there is an opportunity at the bottom of the page (Video Manager section for the ID) where you can "Choose your language". According to its description, "This changes the language on the site. It won't change any text entered by users."

So, your movie should display as created. And, you can change the language of the text on the whole page surrounding the monitor where you movie is being displayed.

That should work. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points