Skip navigation
endeavormusic
Currently Being Moderated

Feature Suggestion: Quick Photo Viewer

Jul 18, 2013 5:14 PM

Tags: #feature_suggestion

I'm new to the whole Adobe experience, so forgive me if this feature is already available or has already been requested.

I would love to see Photoshop Elements come with a quick photo viewer similar to the one that comes with Google Picasa. Basically, it would be used when opening picture files directly from the hard drive and would quickly open a window displaying the picture and options for sharing, starting a slideshow of the pictures within that folder, and would also include a button which would open the picture in the Organizer or Photoshop Elements. By making this the default program to open picture files, users wouldn't have to sit and wait for a large program like PSE or Organizer to open, when they only want to see the picture full size while browsing the hard drive with Windows Explorer or Finder.

Here's an example of the Picasa photo viewer.

PicasaWindowsViewer.jpg

Just my two cents. Loving the programs so far!

Chase C.

Message was edited by: endeavormusic to add photo and clarification.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 5:44 PM   in reply to endeavormusic

You can submit your wish list at this link:

<https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>

G/L

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 11:55 PM   in reply to endeavormusic

Other ideas:

- First see if the Windows Explorer has already everything you are after. The Picture viewer for instance...

- You can assign a free external software like Faststone viewer or even Picasa to do what you want and set the PSE editor as the external editor of that software

- If you have an older version, you may find that PSE11 is much qucker to open, particularly the organizer.

- If you are shooting raw, either use PSE11 (much quicker to open) or find an additional codec to let Windows Explorer show your raw thumbnails

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)