Skip navigation
lgr701
Currently Being Moderated

Help clearing up final video exported file

Jul 18, 2013 11:08 PM

I recently upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 from 6.5.  I had a video put together in the old program.  I exported the timeline just like I've always done once it pulled into the new 2.0 version but the final video after it Authored to DVD is not clear - the photos are fuzzy.  Is there a output setting that needs to be changed? and to what? 

I had exported this same video file in the 6.5 program and it was clear so I know it has something to do with this new version.

Any ideas are welcome.

LG

Settings used include:

Standard 48Kltz file

Exported with Adobe Media Encoder (my old version had Adobe MPEG Encoder) is that different - the new version does not have this.

Computer System : Micosoft Windows XP

Pentium (R) D CPU 2 80 Ghz

2.8 Ghz 2.00 GB of Ram

Total size 74.5 GB

Free Space 31.7 GB

I also have extremely SLOW render capablilities now and slow export capablities as well.  Help!  Is it my new computer system or the program causing this.  My old system ran the 6.5 version beautifully and had excelent render times.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2013 5:10 AM   in reply to lgr701

It could be a number of things. If what you're saying is correct, you upgraded from 15-year-old software to 10-year-old software.

I understand that you're on a very old computer with very limited hardware specs. But, although you don't say what model of camcorder your video is coming from, even Premiere Pro 2 won't support most modern video formats.

You also have barely enough free space on your hard drive for Premiere to open, yet alone function, and about half the RAM you'll need to get any performance at all out of the program. I don't think I'm telling you anything you don't already know when I say that upgrading even to a new bottom-of-the-line computer would make a world a difference in your editing experience.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it into your computer?

BTW, you do know that Adobe has a Premiere Pro forum, right? it might be a better place to ask this question.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_previous

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to lgr701

If I were you, I'd use Windows MovieMaker, which comes free with Windows XP. It's a good, basic program that works with a variety of video formats -- and produces great video as a result!

It also should work very well with your current hardware configuration.

Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend doing any higher end video editing until if and when you decide to buy a more current computer.

But check out Windows MovieMaker. It's a surprisingly powerful little video editor!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to lgr701

You can also download MovieMaker directly from the Microsoft site.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points