Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Support for New Twitter Widget in Web Content Overlays

Jul 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Tags: #web #dps #ios #ipad #overlay #cs6 #widget #twitter

I have been looking for several days now for a solution that will allow me to present a twitter feed within a DPS Article that does not require utilizing the inapp browser.  All of the solutions I have come across do not work.  I know Twitter has changed thier API's.  Is Adobe planning on doing somehting about this or are we letting the ability for twitter feeds to be embeded into a web overlay die?

Linking to the URL proves to be problemactic, the Web Overlay never resolves on the iPad and I am only presented with a perpetual loading pin wheel.  Using iFrames does not work either, and more often than not upon a preview ID freezes and I have to Force Quit to get out of the frozen program.  Pasteing the iFrame code directly on the layout appears to alomost work however that is only on the desktop and upon pasting the code onto the layout I presented with a dialoge saying there is some JS error.  On the iPad I am only presented with an empty frame.  I have even tried a sugestion to take the widget code and use the "Object > Insert HTML" option with no avail.  I have many clients that are very upset that this functionalioty has gone away or has become impossible to impliment.

HELP!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to T Clemente

LINK : http://forums.adobe.com/message/5504410#5504410

For me, it works.

Update to v27. Then update viewer on device.

Go to Twitter and create a widget. Copy the code from there.

Go to document, object/insert HTML and paste code.

Click autoload and allow user interaction.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2013 11:54 PM   in reply to T Clemente

You need to update to V27 in which a fix was implemented.

New Twitter widgets will work with two methods in InDesign:

1. The first is to copy the twitter code, and in InDesign, go to Object > Insert HTML and paste the code. (Note that copy and paste with nothing selected in IDCS6 will *not* create a twitter widget as it will with an iFrame from Google maps.)

2. The second method is to copy the twitter code, paste into an HTML file, and in InDesign, create a web overlay that points to this HTML.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points