• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[ajp-bio-8012-exec-9] - Element SYS is undefined in CLIENT.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ajp-bio-8012-exec-9] - Element SYS is undefined in CLIENT. The specific sequence of files included or processed is:

We are getting the above error quite frequently when moved from ColdFusion 4.5 to ColdFusion 10 recently. I tried to use the default client variable storage to registry. Someone help me out on this error related to storing client varaibles? I'm seeing this issue recently after upgrading to CF10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help on above error due to "

Element SYS is undefined in CLIENT"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Are you getting this error when you select Registry in the administrator?

The Administrator setting is used only if the attribute clientStorage is not specified in tag cfapplication and the variable clientStorage is not set in the Application.cfc.

Make sure you have client variables set up correctly in cfide and check that they are enabled in your Application.cfc file

Also, you have upgraded to CF 10 from CF 4.5, did you run the code analyzer?

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd suggest using *anything* but Registry to store client variables, if you in fact need client variables.  What OS is ColdFusion running on?  If Windows, using Registry can over time bloat and even corrupt the Windows registry, especially if you have a lot of web traffic. If you are on Linux or MacOS, a flat-file registry simulator is used, which is highly inefficient for storing data.

Alternatively, use either cookies (if the amount of data stored in client variables is small and limited to simple values) or use a database.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation