Skip navigation
trey_i93
Currently Being Moderated

Revert .sesx to .ses

Jul 19, 2013 11:06 AM

Tags: #cs5.5 #cs6 #cool_edit_pro_2.0

This may have been asked before but is there a way to revert the .sesx format to the old .ses in Cool Edit Pro? Here's the background to your head scratching...I am a production director at a radio station and have been using CS5.5 and CS6 to edit audio for commercials. My company is using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 on an old desktop running Windows XP and refuses to upgrade software or hardware. After repeated crashes and losing work I threw my hands in the air and start using my personal computer (Macbook Pro w/ CS6) to edit audio. I will soon be leaving this job and need to let the next in person have access to my session files. Any suggestions??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2013 11:12 AM   in reply to trey_i93

AATranslator will convert session formats between all versions of Audition/Cool Edit, as well as more than a dozen other DAW session formats.  The standard version is US$59 and supports everything except ProTools, OMF, and AAF, and can be picked up from http://www.aatranslator.com.au/

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 5:56 AM   in reply to trey_i93

Thanks Durin

@trey_i93

You downloaded AATranslator?

I'm a little confused because we don't provide a download facility to the general public for AATranslator but I can assure you that the $59 version will convert sesx files back to either Au 1.5 ses files or Au3 xml files (fx and midi excepted).

The "FULL" version is extra but adds the functionality of converting OMF, AAF and ProTools session files and does not affect the conversion of ses, sesx or xml files.

I am currently away for another 20 hours but feel free to contact me for further clarification if required

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 10:32 AM   in reply to trey_i93

I think the confusion is that you probably downloaded the application called "ses2sesx" which is a totally seperate product to AATranslator.

Ses2sesx is a purpose built application to convert almost every aspect of Audition/CEP ses files to sesx files (and not the other way) whereas AATranslator is a multi-daw convertor which essentially converts the session files of any daw to any other daw.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points