Skip navigation
goldmeteor
Currently Being Moderated

Shakey video from Elements 11

Jul 19, 2013 11:35 PM

Tags: #windows_7 #premiere_elements_11

Hi, I am new to this software. I have read that the output video from Elements 9 may have been shakey and that this has been fixed in Elements 11 but I have rendered in .wmv and .avi format and both have resulted in shakey products. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to goldmeteor

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What are your project settings, listed under the Edit menu?

Most likely you have a mismatch between your video specs and your project settings -- most likely related to interlacing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to goldmeteor

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to goldmeteor

goldmeteor

I just saw your thread and had some questions and possible suggestions to contribute.

1. It would appear that your Sony camcorder is giving you AVCHD 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 video @ 25 interlaced frames per second. Is that correct?

2. If so, what are you or the program selecting as the Premiere Elements 11 project preset? If the video is as I think you have said, then the project preset in the new project dialog should be

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD HD1080i25

3. If all is correct so far, what are the export settings for these videos that you are saying come out "shaky"?

Publish+Share/Computer/? and what is in the Presets field and what are the settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected?

From what you wrote, are you working in Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media and Publish+Share/Computer/AVI presumed Microsoft AVI as the preset?

Here is where I would suggest that you use the settings for 1920 x 1080 16:9 instead of 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9. Both of these will give display of 1920 x 1080, but the 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 will be dependent on the player's recognition of its 16:9 flag.

4. Also, could you elaborate on "shaky"? Could flicker fit in at all?

Please review.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 5:29 PM   in reply to goldmeteor

goldmeteor

Thanks for the follow up.

Very pleased with your success, but still not sure about all the factors that went into it.

Frame Rate.

How is it that you confirmed your source media with the PAL frame rate of 25 interlaced frames per second, yet, in the exports that you did mention, they all seem to include the NTSC frame rate of 29.97/30 frames per second?

I had suggested 1920 x 1080 16:9 choices instead of 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 ones. I could get a better idea of factors involved if you could let me know all the settings for that export...what you set for under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset that you selected...besides the frame size...frame rate, pixel aspect ratio. Did you use Square Pixels for the 1920 x 1080 frame size? Or, even better a properties readout for the video end result without any shakiness. (See MediaInfo/tree view for such a readout

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo)

The non stretching versus stretching of the frame in this instance and no need for recognition of a 16:9 flag by the player may have entered into all this. At this time I do not have enough information to discuss the wide angle lens aspects of the matter. But I did come across the following which you might find helpful in your decision to use it or not.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/wide-angle-lenses.htm

Continued success. Looking forward to learning of your progress when you have the time.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points