Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Runtime error affecting only Encore CS5

Jul 20, 2013 5:29 AM

Tags: #windows_7 #professional #encore_cs5 #64_bit_win7 #runtime-error

My CS5 Creative Suite 5 Production Studio has run fine up to yesterday, on my 64 bit PC with Windows 7 Professional.

Only Encore CS5 is affected...and only when I try to start a new Encore project.  The crash does not happen if I open an existing Encore project...which opens and works as usual. 

New Encore projects won't open and get the following alert, crashing Encore:  'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application support team for more information.

I can't finish my projects and need fast help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to pwrshift

That MAY be due to a recent Windows update, so search for help at Microsoft

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 10:21 AM   in reply to pwrshift

Next is Reset Corrupted Preferences = Press/HOLD Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting program

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to pwrshift

I don't recall this error or problem.

Try resetting the preferences again. Create a project; add a menu. Save. Close. Does that project open?

How are you opening an existing project? Are you selecting a .ncor file and opening that? Do you open Encore, then select the existing project from the drop down list? Or does Encore not open that far?

How are you opening Encore without opening a project? From a shortcut on the desktop? From Start -> Programs?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:13 AM   in reply to pwrshift

I see an uninstall/reinstall in your future.... I have no idea, of course, but this is just not normal behavior.

Make sure you have no disks in your drive. (Blank disks used to create a problem; don't know now.)

Open Encore using the reset preferences. In the New Project window, pick exit.

Open Encore from the Start menu, but be sure and right click and pick "run as administrator."

Create  a new DVD project.

Add a menu. Save. Exit.

Open Encore from the Start menu, but be sure and right click and pick "run as administrator." Open that project.

Does this work?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 8:15 AM   in reply to pwrshift

If I have to uninstall/reinstall Encore CS5 ... do I have to do it for ALL the programs in the Creative Suite 5 Production Premium package, or can I just do Encore...mainly because all the other programs are running fine.

You may have an option for a repair install. I am not sure which versions, if not all, had that.

I believe you can uninstall Encore only. Problem is, I don't think you can install it without installing Premiere.

Sorry; just not sure what I would do in your shoes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

This isn't so much and answer as another question.

I am geting this Runtime error too on Encore CS5.1.

Problem event "Appcrash"

I reinstalled Encore (only)

I reinstalled Qucktime

I tried running as administrator

I tried compatibility fixed (XP SP2)

None of this worked.

Nor did Cntl/Alt/Shft.

Just won't open Encore.

Anybody any ideas? Did you manage to solve it?

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to pwrshift

pwrshift, did you ever get it to work for you?  I am having the exact same issue and Adobe no longer supports Encore so I couldn't get help via chat.  Ugh.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 10:47 AM   in reply to briannaw@pfcn.org

I uninstalled and reinstalled Encore, and that worked.  Hopefully it will stay fixed!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to pwrshift

Contol Panel, Programs and Features.  Double Click Adobe Creative Suite, and the Adobe install/uninstall window comes up.  You can choose which programs to uninstall from there.  I'm sure I only chose Encore, but it uninstalled both Encore and Photoshop anyway.  I just reinstalled them both and everything is working fine.  Good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points