Skip navigation
tiltmonster369
Currently Being Moderated

Remove a video flaw, using Premiere Elements 9

Jul 20, 2013 8:34 AM

I have Premiere Elements 9. Can I remove a small spot or flaw in the video? If so, where can I learn?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2013 8:36 AM   in reply to tiltmonster369

[Moved to Premiere Elements forum.]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to tiltmonster369

tilmonster369

Please explain the nature of this small spot that you want to remove from you video? Do you have a screenshot that you could post demo further the extent of the flaw?

Does it occur through the video or in only one area?

It removal can be easily or complex depending on your specific situation.

The variety of techniques that might be applicable for Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 include:

Track Matte

Garbage Matte

Effects Mask

Motion Tracking

Actual Cutting Out Of Frames

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to tiltmonster369

>Premiere Elements Pro

No such thing... there is Premiere Pro and there is Premiere Elements

This is the Premiere Elements forum

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to tiltmonster369

tiltmonster369

I think the motion tracking feature with blur used as the effect might do the job, but I want to work through this to make sure I am not overlooking a glitch in the plan. I am trying to put together a model from which to work. As far as I have found, there is no size fits all for this type of thing. As the matter gets complicated, a combination of techniques may be needed to get the task done.

In the long run, you may succeed quicker with first hand work on the actual footage.

See page 211 of the Premiere Elements 9 Help PDF

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/premiereelements/9/premiereelement s_9_help.pdf

If you do try the Motion Tracking, I would suggest the manual instead of the AutoAnalyzer route through it.

As for posting, just zero in on

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

and you should be in contact with the Premiere Elements Forum at Adobe.

More later. Looking forward to your preliminary results.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 7:37 PM   in reply to tiltmonster369

tiltmonster369

I am hoping to spend more time on this tomorrow. The Motion Tracking and alternatives.

But I just wanted to let you know that I saw you latest details and will respond tomorrow.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:32 AM   in reply to tiltmonster369

In the shot of the aquarium, is the camera on a tripod, so that the "spot" stays pretty much in the same spot, or does the camera move about?

If it's static, it would be easy to do the following:

1. Duplicate the Clip, placing that on a higher Video Track.
    2. Use the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position, to offset that Duplicate Clip slightly, so that a "clean" area of the aquarium is now overlaying that spot.
    3. Create a soft-edged Track Matte, placing that on a higher Video Track, such as Video 3, for that "clean" area only, and add Track Matte Keying, linking to that Track Matte. That will eliminate all other parts of the Duplicate Clip, so that one ONLY sees that "clean" area, where the spot appears.

If the camera moves about, then you will need to animate the Track Matte to follow the camera's movement, using the Fixed Effect>Motion>Position again.

If one had access to Adobe After Effects, then it would be easy to use AE's Clone Stamp to replace the area of the spot with a "clean" Clone, from nearby. If there is camera movement, then AE's Motion Tracking is much more powerful, than the one in PrE.

Along the same lines, if one has Photoshop, then its Clone Stamp in what is called Rotoscoping, with an Image Sequence/Film Strip, can do the same thing, but on a frame-by-frame basis.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 7:47 PM   in reply to tiltmonster369

tiltmonster369

Sorry I have gotten detoured from your thread. I have made some significant gains with covering up the flaws in your image, but all I have is the screenshot to work from.

Is there much cross over between the objects that you want to cover up and those that you do not?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 9:40 PM   in reply to tiltmonster369

Given the filming technique, do you have access to Adobe After Effects? If so, that would be my suggestion.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points