Skip navigation
Gyulia
Currently Being Moderated

Why clips from YouTube just turned to be distorted with black strip in my video project?

Jul 20, 2013 6:11 PM

Two month ago I have finished working on my video project where I have used some video clips from YouTube. My project was good. Now, unexpectedly for me all video clips that I used from YouTube in my project have turned to have black strip on a half of a clip frame. The video clips that I shot on my own are all still fine. But those that I used took from YouTube just now turned to be visible only on half of the frame and some of only a third part of a clip frame. What's happened? Why is that? What can I do to restore my video project to the condition as it was before?

Please check my video here: http://vimeo.com/70385906

I have spent too much of time working on my project. And now I feel like through some terrible miracle I lost all I have done.

Please help!

Thank you, Gyulia.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2013 6:59 PM   in reply to Gyulia

Gyulia

You would have to verify this with YouTube, but it is my understanding that the YouTube licensing agreement does not permit for use of its videos without permission.

Did you convert the YouTube videos to .wmv files for your use in your Premiere Elements project by any chance?

But, you have not said what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

ATR

Add On...

Speaking to you in generalities about use of Premiere Elements to get the best results from the program for future projects using your own videos, please read the Announcement at the top of this Premere Elements Forum regarding 1/2 wmv display related to a recent Windows Update.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2013 7:00 AM   in reply to Gyulia

Gyulia

There is currently a problem that has affected many. It relates to use of wmv video. The problem is 1/2 wmv display and a recent Windows Update kb.

Have you gone to the Announcement on this matter at the top of this forum and gone through the process of removing that kb as instructed. In addition there are numerous thrread that already appear in this forum which go into all sorts of details and discussion on the matter.

First, did you find the Annoucement and act on it?

Please let us know if that corrected the situation.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points