Skip navigation
giacomocaruso
Currently Being Moderated

Multilanguage menu: after playing a video, I need Encore to come back to the same menu screen

Jul 21, 2013 12:17 PM

Tags: #menu #multilanguage

Hello everybody,

I'm making a multilanguage DVD (Italian/English), so I created an initial screen from where you can choose the language, and then two different sub-menus which are basically the same, but one it's in Italian and the other one in English. I want to use the same videos for both the "Italian part" of the DVD menu and the "English part" to save space on the disc. The problem is that I can set only one menu screen where Encore comes back after the video is played. Probably I need a script which tells Encore to come back to the same screen from where the video was played, so that if the video was played from a screen in English, Encore comes back there, and if the video was played from the Italian part, then Encore comes back to that same Italian screen.

Is there anyone who could help me?

Thanks in advance,

Giacomo

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to giacomocaruso

No scripting in Encore, so that is not an option here.

One option; put both English and Italian in the button names and use one menu. But I like your concept.

I have not tried this, but I think you can do what you want two ways: 1) playlists or 2) overrides.

For both methods, I assume your audio/subtitle options are selected in the intial (or later) menu, and that the selection made there remains until it is changed (which will also change the menu that is presented next).

For method 1, just put your video in a single timeline playlist. The English menu links to the timeline itself, which has end action for the English menu. The Italian menu links to a playlist of the timeline, and the end action of the playlist is the Italian menu.

For method 2, the end action of the timeline is again English, and the English menu still links to the timeline itself. The Italian menu buttons have an override set to come back to the Italian menu.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points