Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse ability to create / edit Wordpress themes

Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start with I'm a graphic designer who knows html / css (intermediate level) and I have experience with wordpress but i'm not a pro with it, my clients want me to design wordpress website as most of them are familiar with it, I would like to state that although Adobe has Business Catalyst as an option for CMS, but my clients are more inclined towards Wordpress almost 90% of them.

Adobe has provided support to wordpress code and we can even edit / create wordpress themes in dreamweaver cs6, I would like to have the same feature integrated into Muse. Ability to create Wordpress themes or atleast to edit them, I can assure adobe that a lot of Graphic Designers like me are in search of a tool that can able them to create wordpress sites without going too much into the code.

I have been using Headway theme framework for Wordpress right now but still I have more command of design in Muse rather in in Headway, with muse i can design as i will but with headway there are aesthatic limitations which i can't overcome as in intermediate level developer.

My Idea for Adobe Dev's is guys please add the ability in muse to create / edit wordpress themes. You guys have given that Ability in Dreamweaver but I would like to see that in Muse As well so that it benfits graphic designers like me.

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i second this request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need this feature too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this feature too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all of you!!! I have been a memeber of CC for over a year now, yet I am just now in the need to creat my own website with no knowledge of how to do this. I read somewhere that it takes a web designer aprox 150 hours to design a page and I have spent this and more just trying to figure out the whats and still have the whys and hows to come. I am finding several free wordpress themes that I would love to be able to take pieces and parts of to create my website. If I was able to do this I feel I could get this done a lot easier...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I would love this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wordpress is the most popular used CMS and is become an industry standard. It is a MUST for Adobe, the industry standard in design, to be able to design for WordPress. Please find a way to do this - like yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this feature would be great!!   This would put Muse over the top!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the CMS to work on any server and not just Business Catalyst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand raised high...Me too!!! I will be a sell out to Muse if the Devs give us this feature!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature would be very helpful to me, too. Very much requested!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, but for Joomla!

(Joomla is all those other CMS sites that do not use Wordpress)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joomla and wordpress would be great. I currently use another companies software that is adequate to make the templates, but having the ability to make templates in Muse would be awesome! I just love Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2013 Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, Wordpress.

As a matter of fact, it IS possible to create a page in Muse, export as html and convert to a Wordpress template, but it requires a lot of work to achieve.

May our wish find its way to the desks of the Adobe engineers in 2014, have a great new year you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for wordpress integration.

To be able to pull blog posts/data from a Wordpress installation into AbobeMuse site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on this... I see a lot of posts all over the place about this and little information on how to easily incorporate or work with CMS other than BC. this is not an option for all of my clients since many are already familiar with Wordpress, Drupal, etc.. and prefer not to go to BC. BC is exceptional in some ways but still requires a lot of training to clients who don't have the time or desire to learn a new system. I don't have the time or desire to teach them.

Muse is wonderful in that it allows designers to create spectacular sites with speed and ease. Many clients want the same from the site delivered to them and the lack of compatibility has given me many a headache and lost many hours on trying to learn code to convert or easily incorporate these things. I'd be happy to push BC on more clients if its compatibility with Muse was better. For example, if I create a form there are certain things I can only add to a form in BC. I understand this and why but the lack of smooth visual transition of forms between BC and Muse is disappointing. Keep the power and ability to change forms BC has now but maybe add the BC features to Muse itself. I don't want to hop back and forth between Muse and BC. You've given us ability to add blogs, news items, ecommerce (awesome features) keep the techy end control in BC, Add more visual control of these features into Muse. Muse is touted as a web design program for Designers not coders, so why am am becoming a coder? And I don't want to hear from coders that I should be a coder and learn Dreamweaver, that's not helpful. The world is changing as it always does and more is expected from all of us. Coders are often not designers and vice versa.

I think the main things I'd like to see happen with Muse, and see it happen quickly, are better integration with CMS other than BC, more options available to Muse sites outside of BC and a smoother transition between BC and Muse. I want my clients to be able to log into BC and not know they're on BC, I want them to see my company.

Am I asking for too much or am I picking up on that this is what is being demanded from people that utilize Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, YES, please It's more than usefull for all Web-(Graphik-)Designers who aren't Coder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keeping this going and adding another emphatic YES... A way to convert Muse sites to Wordpress or create sites specifically for Wordpress would be amazing and very useful. Some clients demand Wordpress sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines