Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to avoid clipping and snipping?

Jul 21, 2013 12:57 PM

Tags: #video #audio #clipping #snipping

With a tall stack of tracks, both Audio and Video, it is all but impossible to avoid clipping and snipping when working on one clip. Moving the clip into another spot will snip everthing along that vertical plane. Transforming the clip (ie lengthening it), ditto.

I've only been able to deal with this with a time- and effort-consuming work-around: ie, moving the clip to the absolute end of the video, and working on it there.

If I make any adjustments of the video clip in place, I have to move every audio along that vertical plane to a distant spot, in order no to clip the audio into little snippets.

Doe anyone out there know of a simple way to avoid clipping and snipping, or is this just one of the blinding headaches one must accept when using Premiere Elements?

rh

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to RoysScreenName

RoysScreenName

I am not sure if we have discussed this previously, but one way to keep some control over arranging and adding clips to an existing Timeline is to hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you use the mouse cursor to add your clip to the Timeline or move things around. There are those who prefer the Ctrl key for this purpose. But, I stick with the Alt key and it works for me.

Another interesting approach, if you have not encountered it yet....if you have a block of clips that you want to move, take your mouse cursor to select them all (altogether) and then click drag the highlight which will include all in it.

The following is the Adobe point of view on Premiere Elements and arranging clips on the Timeline

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS9B8F8208-EAE8-4b4 9-A79B-9479B46A8981.html

Please review and then let us know if any of the above targeted any of your workflow concerns.

Thanks. More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to RoysScreenName

Roy,

You are the driver with great insights into everything you do. We are but back seat drivers.

Very grateful for the opportunity to help.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points