Skip navigation
RedeyezBro
Currently Being Moderated

adobe cs6 liquify - crashing?

Jul 21, 2013 5:36 PM

It seems everytime I go into CS6 Photoshop and try to Liquify, the program crashes. I have Adobe CS6, Intel Core 3, Windows 7, Intel HD Graphics, 8.15.10.2189 is the Graphics Version. I need this for SCHOOL work. Can someone please help me out??

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2013 5:48 PM   in reply to RedeyezBro

Have you installed the latest drivers from Intel's website?

Have you installed all the Photoshop CS6 updates?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 8:04 PM   in reply to RedeyezBro

Liquify on CS6 is usually a graphics card/driver problem.  If you have HD4000 it should work if you have latest driver.  (get from Intel not MS auto updater).  You can also go into preferences/performance and set the GPU to Basic in advanced properties.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to RedeyezBro

Therein lies your problem.  You may have to contact the computer maker and hope they have latest driver.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to RedeyezBro

If it worked 3 days ago you should reset preferences.  Start PS and immdeiately hold down Ctrl/alt/shift keys.  If fast enough you will get a reset window.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:58 PM   in reply to RedeyezBro

Don't think liquify will work without GPU.  In CS6 without a graphics processor working you will loose a lot of features.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 9:27 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Liquify still supports CPU only mode. If you press a modifier key (I don't remember the exact key) very quickly after starting Liquify it will only use the CPU. It will pop a dialog telling you that you are in CPU mode. There are Intel HD 4000 machines that operate correctly with Liquify so I suspect your driver needs an update.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2014 2:53 PM   in reply to RedeyezBro

Made an account just to help you out, I was also having thwe same problem, I have two graphic cards.. in case you have the same thing, just go to desktop > Right click and select CONFIGURE SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS > Go to ALL APPLICATIONS > Selecet photoshop cs6 and set high performance to POWER SAVING (this will disable the radeon graphics use for photoshop and all the features will work dont worry about that)

I hope it helps ^_^

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points