Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem getting a batch of images into a folder

Jul 21, 2013 6:54 PM

I have some images selected in Bridge. If I use image processer it's fine, the images get processed (using my action at the bottom), and ends up in a jpeg folder within my designated folder on the desktop. Unfortunately PS is also creating a duplicate image on the desktop, which gets real cumbersome with 200 images strewn across the desktop.

If I go batch route, nothing works becuase it's stops at the ACR window as these are DNG. (whether the override save as is checked or not) thanks.

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 21, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to kevin4545

Are you sure its the image processor saving images on you desktop and that there are no save steps in the action you having the image processor include in processing your images.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 22, 2013 11:09 AM   in reply to kevin4545

delete or unceck the save step.

As for batch opening ACR. Is there an Open in the action that may be causing the dialog.  Batch can also override some open steps and suppress open dialogs. Normally you just point batch at open document or a folder and have no open in the action batched.

Batch.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 22, 2013 7:26 PM   in reply to kevin4545

Post the action and your batch dialog settings I can not understand what you wrote.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,982 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 22, 2013 8:54 PM   in reply to kevin4545

DNG is Adobe one RAW format. How are your ACR default work-flow setting set. If they are set to open raw file as a smart layer you may have recorded the action to try to change pixel on that layer.  That would be an invalid operation and that step would fail.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points