Skip navigation
Earthling4242
Currently Being Moderated

System disk crash - unable to decrement License

Jul 22, 2013 6:11 AM

Tags: #pse9 #elements_9 #photoshop_elements_9 #crash_recovery #activation_problems

Hi,

my system disk crashed and I was therefore unable to de-activate my copy of Photsoshop Elements v9.  How do I get my Adobe record of my installs of version 9 decremented by one (there is a copy on my wife's notebook) so that I can re-activate on my new system disk?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2013 6:26 AM   in reply to Earthling4242

You need to contact activation support:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivat ion-products.html

Most times you can start a chat session right from that window and get it resolved right there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:16 AM   in reply to Earthling4242

Just keep going back. I don't know their schedule, but eventually someone will be there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to Earthling4242

The chat button should work.  If not try another browser and/or disable your popup blocker and similar “helpful” browser addons, at least temporarily.    A chat window usually automatically pops up when I’m hanging around some of the FAQ and troubleshooting pages on the US version of the Adobe website, at least.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to Earthling4242

It's all India, so I really don't think that makes any difference. Certainly people in many countries that aren't the US have been successful with that link, so it must be something in your configuration, I'm afraid.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to Earthling4242

Well, there's a phone number in the US, but I don't know about the UK, sorry. You could try the main UK  support number, I suppose, but I don't know how much use they'd be at getting you over to activation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points