Skip navigation
hanzelko
Currently Being Moderated

Cross reference for more paragraphs

Jul 22, 2013 2:40 AM

Hello.

We are trying to find a way how we can import to FrameMaker file part of other file. We need to link this way one or more paragraphs from another document.

I have tried import file, but this works for whole file, but we need only a part of document.

I have also tried to create crossrefences but I was only able to insert one paragraph from another document.

Is there a way to make a linked part of another document?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2013 11:23 PM   in reply to hanzelko

link this way one or more paragraphs from another document

This sounds to me like a case for text insets: write a small separate file with the content you want to re-use, then insert it in each/all the destination files.

• for the target, the place where you want to place the text inset, start with an empty paragraph; then add a non-breaking space and put the cursor at the start of the line before referencing the inset
      <text inset><non-breaking space>¶
    • for the source, the file you are going to use as an inset, set the last paragraph to use Pagination property Run-In Head, no punctuation