Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Layout / Re-sizing

Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,

Not sure if this is a simple question of not.

I want to make a small version of my manual for people to carry around in leaflet form.

I would  have one page on a quarter size A4 (A6), but also would like the option of spreading an illustration over two or four quarters.

When printed on A4, each page would fit a quater of the page.

How do I set the page up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an existing A4 document?

It seems like you'd start by reflowing it into another template of A6 size. Import the A4 Flow A as an inset for example.

When printing the A6 version to A4, you'd select 4-up in the print driver menu.

It might even be possible to render the A6 to a separate A4 PDF by selecting 4-up in the Distiller or PDFwriter menus. In any case, you do this, with more exotic page order control, by using a 3rd party impositioning app, such as Quite Imposing.

If you're contemplating doing different page sizes in the same output stream, that's more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Error7103 wrote:

This is an existing A4 document?

It seems like you'd start by reflowing it into another template of A6 size. Import the A4 Flow A as an inset for example.

When printing the A6 version to A4, you'd select 4-up in the print driver menu.

It might even be possible to render the A6 to a separate A4 PDF by selecting 4-up in the Distiller or PDFwriter menus. In any case, you do this, with more exotic page order control, by using a 3rd party impositioning app, such as Quite Imposing.

If you're contemplating doing different page sizes in the same output stream, that's more complicated.

This I'm afraid.

I need the ability to drag an illustration over two pages.  Therefore, one A4 piece of paper might only have three pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines