• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration of RoboHelp Server 9 in Azure/SharePoint environment

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of questions about RoboHelp Server 9 and the documentation on the site and the support I've gotten so far have been poor. We are a pre-sales customer for this product, with dozens of RoboHelp 10 seats purchased (and an interest in more as we standardize our platform).

• Does RoboHelp Server 9 interact with Microsoft SharePoint? Does it access/use SharePoint permissions?
  • Does RoboHelp Server 9 strictly require a server-based installation, or can it be hosted in the cloud, such as through Microsoft Windows Azure?
  • What does RoboHelp Server 9 provide me in terms of analytics and search that Google Custom Search and Google Analytics do not?
  • Does RoboHelp Server 9 support Internet Explorer 9/10? Only IE8 is listed, and our software product requires IE9 and supports IE10.
  • Does RoboHelp Server 9 support Microsoft SQLServer 2010?

Thanks in advance,

Julia Ziobro

Documentation Manager

RR Donnelley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Julia and welcome to the forums.

I'll try to address your issues in line:

1. Does RoboHelp Server 9 interact with Microsoft SharePoint? Does it access/use SharePoint permissions?
    JD: No, RoboHelp Server 9 is completely independent of SharePoint. An author may choose to use SharePoint for RoboHelp source control, but that has nothing to do with the RoboHelp Server one way or another.
  2. Does RoboHelp Server 9 strictly require a server-based installation, or can it be hosted in the cloud, such as through Microsoft Windows Azure?
    JD: Yes it requires a Windows-based server OS with the Apache Tomcat Server (free) installed. The OS and Server can be in a virtual machine however. See this important chart for determining the particular combination of OS and Database you want to set up. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/9.0/RoboEngine/WSbe3e657580667f14494180ac12b9fd08c8d-8000.html
  3. What does RoboHelp Server 9 provide me in terms of analytics and search that Google Custom Search and Google Analytics do not?
    JD: You have probably seen the list of reports on the product page. Offhand, the two that Google would not provide would be "Search terms for which there are no results" and Context Sensitive Topics accessed (if that is a requirement you have) The reports show topics as well as filenames so it is "help-author friendly" vs Google in that respect. While the reports are robust and quite nice, many folks also use RoboHelp Server 9 for the ability to create access to content on an authenticated basis. I suggest you download the Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 Reviewer's Guide which goes into more detail. http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/robohelp/9/AdobeRoboHelpServer9_ReviewersGuide.pdf
  4. Does RoboHelp Server 9 support Internet Explorer 9/10? Only IE8 is listed, and our software product requires IE9 and supports IE10.
    JD: I'm pretty sure IE 9 is ok. Let me check on IE 10.
  5. Does RoboHelp Server 9 support Microsoft SQLServer 2010?
    Yes, but refer to the OS/Database combination chart that I mentioned.

Thanks for asking!

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Belatedly moved to the server forum where it is more likely to be found in the future.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp