Skip navigation
Disclosurewonk
Currently Being Moderated

Encore Freezing on Startup

Jul 22, 2013 12:29 PM

I have been working with Encore cs5.1 for several month now.  Over the weekend I converted a 2 hour hd project from Premiere to a dvd in Encore - it took 10 hours (underpowered laptop).  Now Encore freezes when I try to open or send a project from Premiere.  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Encore?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

>converted a 2 hour hd project from Premiere to a dvd in Encore

Dynamic link has caused problems for other people... export from PPro as MPEG2 DVD and import the 2 files (video and audio) in Encore for authoring

Also be sure you do this... http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

First, see if you can open Encore without sending anything from Premiere or opening any project.

Also, make sure you don't have a blank disk in the drive.

Then, try resetting preferences before you reinstall. For Windows, hold down Ctrl + Shift while Encore starts. I believe that Encore does not open at that point, but this deletes the preferences file. Then open Encore normally. For Mac, drag the preferences file to the trash and restart Encore.

Edit: John was faster! I got slowed down looking for documentation on the preferred methods for resetting Encore preferences. They are actually a bit hard to find.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 1:08 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Grin... 2 sets of ideas are better than 1... hopefully, something will fix the OP's problem

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

So when you open Encore without a project, you are not getting to the New Project/Open Project window?

What version of quicktime are you running? OS?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 7:39 AM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

There's a history of QT versions breaking things but this one is not new, I assume you've had it one your system for a while with things working, and I see very little in searches about it causing problems.

You might try reinstalling QT before reinstalling Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

Surprise! Usually it was installing an older version... Excellent news, and thanks for reporting back.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2013 2:49 PM   in reply to Disclosurewonk

Also, unless you actually use MOV files that require QT, you do not need it installed at all

I do not have QT installed, and I just ignore the Encore warning message

Of course, if you do use the kind of MOV files that require QT (not all of them do) then you must have QT

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points