Skip navigation
MeekaLuluLuna
Currently Being Moderated

Is it safe to delete saved movie versions?

Jul 22, 2013 5:10 PM

I finished editing a 2hr movie & noticed there are many auto-saved versions earlier than my final version.  Can I delete the earlier versions without damaging my final version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to MeekaLuluLuna

MeekaLuluLuna

Always good to say what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system.

Until you actually archive the project, I would leave everything as is. See Project Archiver, Archiver or Copy option. Then delete whatever you want.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc1 9b622510385d4355c-7dcb.html

Deleting earlier AutoSaves does not damage last one as far as I have ever seen or heard of. In fact, dependant on how you setup the AutoSave function in preferences that is exactly what the project is doing when it reaches the max that you have set, bumping off the earliest to accommodate the latest.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to MeekaLuluLuna

MeekaLuluLuna

If you have 100 GB of preview files in the "Adobe Premiere Elements Previews FIles Folder" which is found in the 11.0 Folder

(path

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

11.0)

Best delete them, but with this thought...these are previews files generated by your rendering of the Timeline content. Once you delete them, the content in the related projects will need to be Timeline rendered again to get the best possible preview (IF NEEDED). And if needed, you may not want or need to re-render that whole content with the orange line over it.

You can do selective rendering.

Set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span only that portion of the Timeline content that you want rendered for preview purposes.

To set the left gray tab, move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment to be rendered, hold down Alt of computer main keyboard as you click on the left bracket key [

To set the right gray tab, move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment to be rendered, hold down Alt of computer main keyboard as you click on the right bracket key ]

SelectiveRendering.JPG

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points