Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AcroExch Error with Abobe Reader (11.0.03)

Jul 23, 2013 4:57 AM

Tags: #adobe_reader_xi

I work on a helpdesk, and we keep getting people with the following error while trying to embed PDFs into Word documents. "The program used to create this object is AcroExch. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object, install AcroExch or ensure that any dialog boxes in AcroExch are closed." I tried most of the obvious things to solve this problem (repaired Office and Reader, reverted back to an older version of reader, ran C Cleaner). I also tried some more obscure things like deleting old keys from the resistry manually and things of that nature. I don't know what else to try. There seem to be some fixes for this problem in Adobe Reader X, but based on what I've seen, none of these work in Reader XI. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to johnhick4

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/452958

Thast has a working solution for Reader X, but it should apply to  XI as well

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 24, 2013 3:33 AM   in reply to johnhick4

I had the same problem! When I try to import a pdf object in word it gave a Package or an AcroExch error, if I'm using the drag and drop method or the insert-object menu, respectively.

System: Win7 SP1 64bits EN + Office 2010 Professional 64bits EN + Acro Read 11 EN

I did a survey among several computers at my workplace and discovered that only the computers with Win7 64 + Office pro 64 combo have this problem. I removed both Office 64bits and Acro Reader and installed the Office 32bits version. Afterwards reinstalled the Acro Reader (same version). The problem never appeared again. It seams an issue with the 64bits version.

Previously, I also tried the most common solutions found on Internet and none of them solved the problem.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points