Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disabling the automatic deleting of gaps in the timeline.

Jul 23, 2013 4:36 PM

Tags: #deleting_gaps

Is there a way to change the program's default behavior of automatically deleting a gap/space when one is created after editing a clip? There are times when I DON'T want everything in the timeline to automatically slide upstream to account for the deleted/edited portion of the clip. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 6:52 PM   in reply to ksilva4242

ksilva4242

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

My answer to your question would be no. But, you can modify the behavior with keyboard modifiers such as Ctrl+ Alt.

If you have not already, you may want to check out the details in the following Adobe Technical document

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS9B8F8208-EAE8-4b4 9-A79B-9479B46A8981.html

Please let us know if you need any further information on this aspect of your Premiere Elements workflow.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2013 8:10 PM   in reply to ksilva4242

ksilva4242

I think that I misread your question and thought that you were try to change the behavior of the "Delete Close Gap".

In Premiere Elements 10...

There is an alternative to the Delete Close Gap depending on your intent. It is not called "Delete" but "Clear". Check it out. After you select that file for "Clearing", you can go to Edit Menu/Clear or just use the keyboard shortcut of Shift+Delete.

In Premiere Elements 11

There is an alternative to the Delete Close Gap depending on your intent. It is now called "Delete". That keyboard shortcut for this is Shift+Delete.

Did I target your question this time?

There are times when the Delete Close Gap does not work. Then you move the files in place yourself. This typically occurs when there are other items on the tracks above.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points