Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing PSE 9 on my new Computer

Jul 23, 2013 4:26 PM

Hi All,

I had purchased and installed Elements 7 on my PC and then I upgraded through the Adobe site to Elements 9.  So I have an actual installation disk for 7 but not for 9.  I have a serial number for my purchase of 9.

I recently bought an IMac and I would like to install 9 on my new computer.  However I only have the disk for 7 but I paid for the upgrade to 9 on my original PC.

How do I install Elements 9 on my new computer without an installation disk??

Thanks,

Cristina M.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 4:42 PM   in reply to Cristina M.

Well, I'm afraid you'll have to buy PSE again. The thing is that if you'd bought the disc version of PSE 9 you would have gotten a serial number that works on both platforms, but with your download serial number only works in Windows. I don't know why adobe does it that way, but they do, so it doesn't matter about installation media--your serial number won't work. Downloads are always tied to one platform, either mac or windows, unlike the boxed versions.

Adobe does offer a crossgrade, but for PSE that isn't sensible, since they always send the most recent version and charge the upgrade fee, and for PSE you can find the full boxed version most of the time for less than Adobe charges for the upgrade.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points