Skip navigation
Ex-Broadcast_Dubs
Currently Being Moderated

Why is it now impossible to upgrade from Audition CS5.5 to CS6?

Jul 23, 2013 4:57 PM

Tags: #cs6-upgrade

I've obviously waited too long for Adobe to fix all the things in CS5.5 that weren't brought over from Audition 3, and to put them into CS6.

Sadly now I can't carry on with my chosen upgrade path without the ruinously expensive CC version, the cost of which is prohibitive now that I'm retired!

Sad to say, this decision by Adobe means that I am having to give up use of Audition and move to a competitor's product! It also means that my recommendation to other radio broadcast users here in the UK is to no longer follow this program unless they have the Beeb's financial backing in acquiring it.

A real shame! It was always my 'go-to' tool of choice for anything audio. Still, it's their loss ....!

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,601 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2013 2:12 AM   in reply to Ex-Broadcast_Dubs

It's still possible to purchase Audition CS6, but I don't think that there's an upgrade path any more. Doesn't mean absolutely that there isn't though - you'd have to call to find out. I can give you a link to the purchase page though - Adobe hides it rather well...

Purchase Audition CS6

(This has been asked about quite a lot, so I've just created an FAQ about it.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2013 3:32 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

If you go to that link and click on Buy it gives you options for the Full or Upgrade versions. Upgrade paths are available for Soundbooth CS5, Audition 3 or CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points