Skip navigation
wgragg
Currently Being Moderated

Problem moving photos from one comp to another in LR 4

Jul 23, 2013 5:46 PM

I am having a problem with moving my photos from a MacBook Pro to a PC laptop.  All the files reside in one directory on an external drive.  I copied the catalog from the Mac to the PC, connected the drive, started LR and pointed to the copied catalog.  As expected, LR did not know where the files from the external drive were, so I highlighted the drive, right clicked the photo directory and told it to find missing files.  I then pointed it to the proper directory on the drive.  It only partially worked.  Several of the subdirectories on the drive did not relink.  If I take the drive off the PC and put it back on the Mac, the subdirectories are properly linked, where on the PC, some aren't.

I can reimport, but then I have to do edits all over again on those photos.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 6:03 PM   in reply to wgragg

Are you sure that in the Mac to PC conversion of the actual folders, that perhaps some of the names folder didn't change?

Can you compare the exact name of one of these folders on both computers?

What happens if you try to right-click on the problem folders in Lightroom and select Find Missing Folder and then point just that specific folder in Lightroom to the proper folder on your PC?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2013 4:06 AM   in reply to wgragg

Can we see some screen captures of this situation, showing things the way you mentioned in your original post, and then a screen capture of the situation described above in your reply?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points