Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After filtering photos to those with no keywords, want to freeze results to edit

Jul 23, 2013 6:16 PM

Tags: #lightroom #filter #freeze #results

I have a lot of photos and want to add keywords to them.  So I filter the photos in a folder to those that have no keywords (Text: Keywords: Are Empty).

And so now I want to add multiple keywords to each photo.  But once I add one keyword to a photo, the filter automatically removes it and I can't add any more.

How can I freeze the results of a filter so it doesn't automatically refilter the results?

Thanks.

- Rick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 6:26 PM   in reply to RickTucker

Select all the filtered photos and place them in a collection.  Then turn the filter off and select the collection and do your keywording from the collection.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2013 6:40 PM   in reply to RickTucker

Use a Quick Collection.  To do this select all that you’ve filtered with no keywords, then rightclick and choose Add to Quick Collection, then filter on the membership in the Quick Collection using the item at the top left near All Photographs and Previous Import, then remove the filter about not having any keywords.  Once you’re done keywording, then just righ-click and choose Remove from Quick Collection.  Do this in the Library Grid view so that it works on all the selected photos at once.  You can also individually remove them from the quick-collection by clicking on the little gray balloon badge in the thumbnail.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points