Skip navigation
Virginia Dare
Currently Being Moderated

Why does the video sound disappear midway through a clip that I save as an 'mpg'??

Jul 24, 2013 7:48 AM

Why does the video sound disappear midway through a clip that I save as an 'mpg'??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Some links to help you verify that all of your settings are correct

Importing Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1065281

-and project settings http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1112086

Saving & Sharing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1137128

-Sharing to DVD or BluRay http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1137645

-Sharing for Movies http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1051093

-Sharing for Computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1058237

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 8:19 AM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Virginia Dare

Lots more information needed to help you resolve your issue.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of your source media for this project and what are you selecting as the project preset? How did you import the media into Premiere Elements?

3. What is the extent of the editing that you have done to the Timeline video, especially the audio portions? What is the condition of the audio immediately before the export to your .mpg file? Did you check Volume levels across the Timeline content prior to export?

4. What are the details of your export? Are you customizing settings under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset selected?

5. Is your computer optimized, including defragmentation, updated video and audio card drivers, etc?

The answers will be in the details that we need to sort through to get at the core of this issue.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Virginia Dare

Thanks for your follow up. Let us work through your reply

Please open the Audio Tools above the Timeline, select Audio Mix. And, the play the Timeline and watch to see if the Audio 1 Level Slider stays at 0 dB through the running of the Timeline content.

Then back to the background details if necessary.

1. We need to know the properties of the video that you are putting on the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline. We can get at that several ways

a. if I know the name of the brand/model camera and your camera settings

b. from programs that give properties readouts for videos.

Let us go for "a" as the quickest for now.

2. Those properties from "1" will help us to set the needed correct project preset in the new project dialog. If you do nothing with regard to the project preset (new project dialog), you will end up with the default which may not be right for your particular video. The first screenshot is the new project dialog that will greet you first

v10 1.JPG

If that Project Settings field of NTSC DV Standard 48 kHz is not right, then you click on Change Settings are select the project preset that matches your source media properties.

v10 2.JPG

If you are using a memory card, when you get to import your media into Premiere Elements are you using Get Media/"Flip, AVCHD, Camera, Phones or Removable Disk"/Video Importer and then clicking Get Media in the Video Importer dialog? Or, are you saving your files from the memory card to the computer hard drive and then from there using Premiere Elements Get Media/Files and Folders for the video import?

When you get to Share/Computer/MPEG, what are you using the the field named Presets...NTSC DVD Standard or something else?

Let us work through the above and then we can get back to the computer itself and the questions about computer optimatization and such.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Virginia Dare

I have something that I would like you to try and then let me know the results:

Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit computer

Canon 60D - AVCHD 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second footage

1. Set the Premiere Elements 10 project preset (new project dialog) = NTSC/DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second.

From what you wrote, it sounds like that is what you have been doing.

2. When you import your video into the project with Get Media/Files and Folders, drag it to the Timeline Video Track 1 and Audio Track 1. If you have more than one clip, put them side by side so that there are no gaps between the clips which all be on Video 1/Audio1.

3. Now for export, go to Share/Computer/AVCHD and select Presets = MP4 - H.264 1080p30.

In that dialog box, you will see an Advanced Button. Click on that to reveal the Export Settings dialog where you will customize your export settings as shown in the following screenshot.

Under Video Tab

video.JPG

Under Audio Tab

Audio.JPG

I have downloaded some footage from your brand/model camera and have run through the workflow. You should have audio throughout the playback of the export in Windows Media Player as well as in the QuickTime Player.

Please confirm that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed.

Thanks. We will be watching for your results and then move forward from there.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 4:51 PM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Viriginia Dare

Thanks for the follow up.

How far along the Timeline did the playback go before its audio dropped out? How large is the video file(s) on that Timeline?

Maybe we need to go back to look at computer resources? I do not recall that we targeted that aspect of the workflow looking for whys.

Besides the duration of that Timeline content when the audio drops out, it would be good to know:

Given Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit

How much installed and available RAM?

How much free hard drive space?

Are you applying any particular effects, titles, or transitions to the video when the audio drops out?

Did we determine if the audio card driver is up to date?

Are you getting any error messages, small warning triangles at the bottom of the interface? Does your project take in multiple tracks?

Please review and then let us see if we can figure out the reason for these audio problems.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 28, 2013 5:25 PM   in reply to Virginia Dare

Virginia Dare

Main thing is not to give up.

If you need to step back to review your situation, that sounds like a good approach. But, remember we are here to help.

We can go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with.

If you do want to go deeper in this, we should really get the details of your computer out of the way. Windows 7 64 bit with Premiere Elements 10 sounds like a good base. But, we should get a handle on just how much resources are there. It has the potential for being great. It is a longer story, but the short version (sometimes my short versions tend to be long, but) is that you have a 64 bit application in that situation which should be able to take advantage of more of the computer resources and thus get larger projects done successfully.

Whatever your decision, we are here to help. And, never hesitate to ask for clarification from me on anything that I write.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points